Monday, November 29, 2010

Summary C4K- November/December

Well, we have completed our C4K assignments, but hopefully some of us can still go back and check up on some of these kids and their blogs.  As we saw with Jasmine, these comments are important and meaningful and they deserve to get them.  Maybe some of us can try to keep up the comments for the kids sake!

poptartThis past month I have been introduced to Mrs. Yollis' 3rd grade class where they commented on Mrs. Yollis' question about being an expert.  They had to post about a skill they were good at and had worked hard to learn.  I responded to the assignment myself stating immediately that I was NO expert.  I do like to sew though and I am getting better and better at it.  Next, I met Abigail who is a 5th grader studying French immersion at her school.  The whole blog was in French!  At first I thought I couldn't respond, but lucky us Google translates!  So I figured out that she had a project to build a model bridge and she named the bridge "Poptart", which was the title of her post.  She did a good job but thought it needed to be a little stronger.  Again, it was all written in French so I may have missed something.  The opportunity she has to study two languages is one that I envy for myself and my children.

I explored Cary Academy in North Carolina next and got to read Sam's Trimester Writing Assignment.  H wrote a wonderful story about Ramses and Egyptian history.  He is a very talented writer and wants to pursue his writing as a goal for the next 2 trimesters.  In addition he enjoys reading and wants to read new books and improve his ability to work in groups.   Finally, from Ms. Naugles 5th period math class I read Dairon's blog posts.  I think Ms. Naugles math class sounds like one of the best math classes ever!  All of the projects Dairon wrote about were using food!  For this post, he did a pumpkin project and they counted the seeds in groups of ten.  Dairon's pumpkin had about 100 seeds.  I wonder what the class average was?
pumpkin

These comments for kids have been fun, entertaining, inspiring, and educational.  I have enjoyed the assignment and will do my best to keep commenting on kids blogs whenever I have the opportunity.  I may need someone to comment on my class blogs one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment