Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summary Post C4K 3-7

The Comments for Kids has really opened my eyes to how much kids are learning to do at such a young age.  I have to commend their teachers for bringing technology into their classrooms and allowing their classes to experiment and learn to use these tools to enhance their education.  The blogs were so cute and fun.  It is obvious that all of the kids love to put their work out there for people to see.  Here is an over view of the blogs I visited:
C4K 3:  Room 12, Pt. England School:  This school is in Auckland, NZ.  The post I viewed was a video made by students from room 12.  It was a pirate video shot in black and white and filmed like a silent movie.  It was so cute and creative.  I would like to use this as an example to show other students how to make a quality video project.  I was really impressed by their talent.
C4K4 Jasper:  "Jazz" is in the 6th grade in Australia.  She was really excited about making a family tree.  I told her about my sister making family trees for everyone as a Christmas present one year.  She was also looking forward to using different tools like blogger cafe, power point, and some others from her class.
C4K5 Liam:  This student is in the 7th grade and is from Australia.  His assignment was to research different search engines and pick 3 to tell about.  He chose three that I was unfamiliar with: sleedo, blackle, and search-cube.  All had really interesting twists to them.  Sleedo even helped benefit the poor when you used their search engine, and Blackle's premise was to help conserve energy by using a black background.
C4K6 Riley M:  Riley is a 6th grader from Iowa and wrote a descriptive paragraph about "The Rock".  Apparently some kids threw a rock across the street and hit him in the head.  Poor guy!  He did a great job describing the incident and had many other interesting stories to tell.
C4K7 Spencer:  Spencer is from Ms. Gilbert's 5th grade class in Iowa.  He posted about how much he liked his Science Summit where he was able to build some type of boat I think.  He didn't give a lot of information about the project, only that he had a lot of fun doing it.  I thought that was great because science is what I used to teach and I love to hear when kids enjoy the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment